Founded in 1992, Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) has grown to more than 300 employees serving customers in fifteen states. From its roots as a high-technology modeling & simulation company, concentrating in new forms of artificial Intelligence, BRC’s core competencies have expanded to include test & evaluation, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), civil and structural engineering, survivability engineering, Information Technology (IT), CYBER technology, and classic technical support.
The company is best known for its development of the CORE tool-set for which it won the Small Business Administration’s Tibbetts award for excellence in innovation in 1998. CORE allows users to create and test algorithms that enhance physics-based calculations with human knowledge for advanced applications such as human behavioral modeling, intelligence analysis, anti-terrorism/anti-drug analysis, CYBER analysis, remote sensing, and other applications where knowledge manipulation is the key to understanding and solving a difficult problem.
BRC’s current customer base includes NASA; The Army Corps of Engineers; The Department of the Interior; and several Air Force, Army, and Navy customers, as well as other defense agencies. One of BRC’s largest current contracts is the Office of the Secretary of Defense Joint Test & Evaluation program. As a prime contractor on this program, BRC supports combatant commands by performing critical joint tests at test sites across the country and overseas.
BRC’s newest initiative is the establishment of a CYBER research center at its 10,000 square-foot facility in Huntsville. This facility will be used to demonstrate advanced CYBER-related technologies and to train the next generation of CYBER warriors.
Awards and Recognition:
- 1997 Summer Edition of “Economic Edge” magazine: Featured as one of the Tennessee Valley’s best small companies.
- Winner of the 1998 “Tibbetts Award for Excellence and innovation in the DOD SBIR program
- Recipient of many letters of commendation for excellence from our customers
- First very small business to qualify as a “mentor” under the DOD Mentor-Protégé Program
- BRC’s innovative Technology featured in the Army 2002 and 2004 SBIR Commercialization Brochures
- Featured in “Business Alabama” Magazine October 2007
- Small Business Administration Administrators Award for Excellence 2008
- 2007/2008 /2009/2010/2011 / 2012 Inc. 5000 Winner (#580 in 2011, #1216 in 2012)
- Inner City 100 Winner 2007/2008 /2009/2011/2012 (#14 in the Nation in 2012)